[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Slow JVM memory leak

Jon Walton do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 1 18:11:13 EDT 2010

Jon Walton [http://community.jboss.org/people/jw550] replied to the discussion

"Slow JVM memory leak"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/535293#535293

I have finally found a workaround, using the standard OpenJDK that comes with Centos 5: java-1.6.0-openjdk-1.6.0.0-1.7.b09.el5.     Using this JDK fixes the leak completely.   VIRT size stabilizes at 1833M, which is exactly what I would expect.   So I have no idea if this version of OpenJDK contains a fix, or the newer commercial JDKs from Sun contain a regression - as I still see the problem with JDK 6 update 19.

The crazy part is that no one else seems to have had such a problem.  My application is rather busy - up to 50 transactions/second, but it still confounds that no one else seems to see this native leak.  Anyway, thanks for your replies.   I would still like to figure out what is going on, but for now, I will just be happy I have found a way to stabilize my cluster.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]