[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Initializing a Managed Bean's Property

John Bailo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 6 19:13:43 EDT 2010

John Bailo [http://community.jboss.org/people/jabailo] created the discussion

"Initializing a Managed Bean's Property"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/535956#535956

I have a managed bean that calls a server via a URL.

Since this will rarely change, I thought I'd add it to the faces-config.xml so that it would be a default value.

I added the property to my bean via Eclipse and it created the get/set accessors (not sure if these are needed, since they were optional).

I added the value to my managed bean's property.

I see that a global String was added to the bean class with the name of the new property.

However, when I call the bean, via a method I use to create a List and populate a dataTable in a JSF page, I find that the server URL variable is not initialized.

What do I have to do to get the bean to read its default managed property?