[jboss-user] [jBPM] - task for multiple users

Huisheng Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 7 06:31:57 EDT 2010

Huisheng Xu [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebody] replied to the discussion

"task for multiple users"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536037#536037

Hi Koen,
  Yes, I think it is most likely put a dynamic fork/join into a task. But there is still some problem when we try to implement this feature.

  In jBPM4, we could only create a task for one execution. Even if I implement a CustomActivity and create multiply task in one activity, there is no way to observe when and how the sub task was completed.

  In the simplest scenario, the process designer could only decide the participants of the activity, when the process instance arrived the activity, we could create multiply task bye the participants. In the more complex scenario, the participants of the activity is also dynamic, the engine should decide who should be assigned a task in the runtime. Even more, there may be multiple strategy for task completion. For example, if all of participants approved, the process instance could continue. if 60 percent participants approved, or someone may have an absolutely reject vote, etc.

  Now in order to implement features like this, I must make a lot of change of pvm. if you are interested in these, I could show the sample codes.