[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - ClassCastException using configuration.buildProcessEngine()

ricardo delarosa do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Apr 8 20:18:55 EDT 2010

ricardo delarosa [http://community.jboss.org/people/rdelarosa] created the discussion

"ClassCastException using configuration.buildProcessEngine()"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536429#536429

Hi,

I am trying to obtain a reference to a "ProcessEngine" with the following code:

----------- starting code -----------------
org.jbpm.api.ProcessEngine processEngine = null ;

Configuration configuration = new Configuration();

       // build a process engine from a configuration
       try {
          processEngine = configuration.buildProcessEngine();  /* ManejadorJBPM4.java:360 */
       }
       catch(java.lang.Exception exc) {
          exc.printStackTrace();
       }
----------- ending code -----------------

But the following exception is printed on the console:

17:47:29,171 ERROR [STDERR] java.lang.ClassCastException: org.jbpm.pvm.internal.
processengine.ProcessEngineImpl cannot be cast to org.jbpm.pvm.internal.processe
ngine.ProcessEngineImpl
17:47:29,171 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jbpm.pvm.internal.cfg.ConfigurationImpl.b
uildProcessEngine(ConfigurationImpl.java:81)
17:47:29,171 ERROR [STDERR]     at org.jbpm.api.Configuration.buildProcessEngine
(Configuration.java:105)
17:47:29,171 ERROR [STDERR]     at co.com.gestiontek.supercade.util.ManejadorJBP
M4.iniciarProceso(ManejadorJBPM4.java:360)
17:47:29,171 ERROR [STDERR]     at co.com.gestiontek.supercade.action.workflow.R
egistroTramite.iniciarTramiteEnrolamiento(RegistroTramite.java:354)
17:47:29,171 ERROR [STDERR]     at co.com.gestiontek.supercade.action.workflow.R
egistroTramite.iniciarTramite(RegistroTramite.java:292)
17:47:29,171 ERROR [STDERR]     at co.com.gestiontek.supercade.action.workflow.R
egistroTramite.registrarTramite(RegistroTramite.java:228)

Excuse me, but I don't understand why there is a "ClassCastException" due to a casting from
org.jbpm.pvm.internal.processengine.ProcessEngineImpl to the same class ?

Any help is very appreciated.

Ricardo De la Rosa

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]