[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - CXF jms integration

Richard Opalka do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 9 02:28:09 EDT 2010

Richard Opalka [http://community.jboss.org/people/richard.opalka%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"CXF jms integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536448#536448

Abbreviations:
 * CXF - CXF integration layer
 * ASIL - JBossWS Application Server Integration Layer
 * SPI - JBossWS SPI - the only dependency reused cross different JBossWS abstractions
 * DA - JBossWS Deployment Aspect
 * UMDM - JBossWS Universal Meta Data Model
 * JMS MD - AS JMS Meta Data
 * AS API - compilation dependency on AS API classes
 * IAC - in any case

Hi Jim,

   first approach is fundamentally wrong because:
 * it would violate our abstractions
 * it wouldn't reuse existing code/architecture

We cannot introduce *JBossWSCXF*Deployers* because we would introduce *CXF -> AS API* dependency. Only allowed dependency
is  http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossws/images/wsf.png CXF -> SPI. This is because AS architecture can/will change over time and we want to be AS agnostic IAC.

Yes, the solution 2 is little bit more complex one but we should always follow the golden programmers rule:
*Either do it properly or don't do it at all (*otherwise our code would become unmaintanable in the future*).*
*
*
Here are my suggestions how we should proceed with *approach 2*
(*ensures proper abstractions, dependencies and code/architecture reuse*):
 * extend our UMDM (located in SPI) to provide JMS endpoint abstractions
 * extend our DA framework to distinguish DA aspects intended to create web based endpoints and jms based endpoints
 * update our ASIL (concretely WSDeploymentAspectDeployer) to distinguish between Web DAs and JMS DAs
 * implement CXF DA that will map jboss-cxf.xml MD to our UMDM (ensures  http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossws/images/wsf.png CXF -> SPI dependency)
 * implement ASIL DA that will create JMS MD from our UMDM (ensures  http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossws/images/wsf.png ASIL -> SPI dependency)
 * implement CXF DA that will register plain JMS endpoints with CXF (ensures  http://www.jboss.org/file-access/default/members/jbossws/images/wsf.png CXF -> SPI dependency)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]