[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - Recent changes on CXF integration

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 9 06:18:44 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Recent changes on CXF integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536519#536519

> Alessio Soldano wrote:
>
> Besides this, it's probably interesting to note that for fixing JBWS-2971 I started using another integration hook, ie. the Spring NamespaceHandlerSupport configuration. As you know, we're generating the jboss-cxf.xml file at deploy time and basically leveraging the spring configuration of CXF (in order to allow both stack agnostic deployments and cxf specific deployments to work seamlessly).
> CXF has spring.handler configuration files that map namespaces for elements in the spring xml to default beans. We're now using a custom mapping for the jaxws.endpoint elements, which in the end allows us to overwrite the CXF org.apache.cxf.jaxws.EndpointImpl giving us control over the endpoint start/stop/publish/etc. while still delegating to the CXF one for the core processing.
> Generally speaking, customizing the spring namespace handler configuration for loading different bean parsers is a powerful integration hook, to be considered in addition to the already used setup of CXF Configurer in the Bus.
On this topic, please note the changes for JBWS-2995:
* we now have a custom NamespaceHandlerResolver that is installed in the XmlBeanDefinitionReader used for parsing the jboss-cxf.xml file and controls the way Spring maps namespaces to beans. That basically makes sure our NamespaceHandler customizations are considered first, falling back to the default Spring/CXF resolution when there's nothing JBossWS specific. Before this change, the resolution (spring.handler check oreder) was erroneously depending on classloader internals
* we provide a spring.handler configuration file having our customizations only, no need to merge all the single configurations coming from the CXF component jars. As a side effect, this simplifies the upgrade process when a new Apache CXF release is available.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]