[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Development] - CXF jms integration

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 9 11:26:30 EDT 2010

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"CXF jms integration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536597#536597

Right, we need proper integration through SPI here. The point is that we need to trigger destination (queue) creation during deployment. That is done using the API a given AS container provides; for instance on AS trunk, right now we'd probably end up creating a configuration for HornetQ to be used by HornetQ deployers (HornetQCoreConfigRealDeployer ?).
As Richard's correctly saying, we should not use those AS API directly in JBWS CXF in order to maintain proper abstraction, so we need to enrich the JBossWS SPI (few additions in org.jboss.wsf.spi.deployment might be enough) for having those info (it's probably just the name of the destinations) available in a container independent way. That part of the SPI could be populated by CXF specific deployment aspect that parses the provided or generated jboss-cxf.xml.
Later in the chain, we'd have another deployment aspect (coming from the container integration) that uses the new SPI info to create the JMS medatadata (HornetQ conf, for isntance) and provides the requirements for the JMS deployers to run.

All this assumes we review the current WSDeploymentAspectDeployer that forces every deployment aspect to be bound to the web deployers, given the JBossWebMetaData input/ouput. I imagine some minor changes might also be required a bit earlier in the deployer chain.

Jim, I'd encourage you to create branches like a did when working on cxf/jaxrpc issue and start doing changes there. Either Richard or me can help you step by step there, till we have something working that can be merged to trunk. This way you can also start now that 3.3.0 is not released yet (this work is targeted for 4.x)

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2047]