[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Is RichFaces supported out of the box in JBoss Tools

John Bailo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 9 17:51:53 EDT 2010

John Bailo [http://community.jboss.org/people/jabailo] replied to the discussion

"Is RichFaces supported out of the box in JBoss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536676#536676

I think I'm untangling some of the mental mess (on my part).

This is what I think so far:

1) The only save way to do faces is with JSF 1.2
2) JBoss has a built-in JSF 1.2 library -- that includes MyFaces
3) Therefore, there is no need in Eclipse to explicitly add the MyFaces 1.1.4 library
4) MyFaces has a datatable, and a modal panel which is what I need for this application
5) I still want to use RichFaces, but I think it should be as simple as menu click in Eclipse
6) Even though I have the JBoss Tools edition of Eclipse -- it still seems like it wasn't quite tested enough and has some Tomcat legacy configs that conflict with JBoss.    Microsoft Alki  (Seattle residents might get the reference...)