[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - xhtml code assist performance

Victor Rubezhny do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 12 06:53:30 EDT 2010

Victor Rubezhny [http://community.jboss.org/people/vrubezhny] replied to the discussion

"xhtml code assist performance"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536847#536847

 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-6039 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-6039 and its sub-task (certainly related to this topic)  https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-6167 https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-6167

Currently I moved Proposal Context Information calculation out of proposals gathering cycle and this made significal improvement on CA appearance latency. This improvment related to Vadim's problem (JBIDE-6167).
I'm marking JBIDE-6167 as blocker. But I'm almost ready to commit my changes or create a patch ('almost' - because some code clean-up is required).

The second problem (I'm discovering under JBIDE-6039) is first-time values calculation by the models involved (JSF, Seam, CDI, Resource Bundles). And I currently have no Idea on how we can improve this.It's difficult to do something with it because the models are to be initialized and most of them are initialized at 'first access'. So, I'm not sure that we are able to achieve some significant improvements here. So, could we leave JBIDE-6039 as critical (but non-blocker) at least until we'll see effect of fixing JBIDE-6167?