[jboss-user] [jBPM] - High Level Architecture - jBPM4.3

r 0 do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 12 08:39:22 EDT 2010

r 0 [http://community.jboss.org/people/rex*05] created the discussion

"High Level Architecture - jBPM4.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/536877#536877

Hello,
I have to write my Bachelor Thesis about a WfMS based on jBPM 4.3.
Now I want to explain the high level architecture from jBPM but on my research didn’t find a good sketch or a good explanation about it.
I know that in de developers guide there is a chapter about the architecture.

But there something is not very clear to me.
There it says that the PVM has four services: Command / Process / Execution and Management
But when I work with jBPM there is a Task / Repository / Execution / History and Management Service??? I can get al these services von the Process Engine like explained in chapter 5.2 of the user guide.

Can you help me making a sketch of the high level architecture from jBPM. I don’t want to talk about every little thing from the pvm. I just want to show what are the components of jBPM and how they fit together.

What do you think is this sketch correct?
Thanks for your help!

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2520/HL_jBPM_architecture.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2520/450-600/HL_jBPM_architecture.png

Greetings
Sandro