[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Linking sub processes to parent processes through SQL

Hong Vo do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 13 03:17:31 EDT 2010

Hong Vo [http://community.jboss.org/people/HongVo] replied to the discussion

"Linking sub processes to parent processes through SQL"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/537069#537069

> Simon Clerck wrote:
>
> But in the tables JBPM4_HIST_ACTINST and JBPM4_HIST_PROCINST, I can't find a way to link the sub process to its parent.

I'm facing the exact problem  :)  the same problem was also raised in another discussion:  https://community.jboss.org/message/400011#400011 https://community.jboss.org/message/400011#400011.

I want to show the entire history path for a process and other sub  processes within that process, but I have not managed to find a way of  doing this properly. I see that in the JBPM4_EXECUTION table there are  two columns SUPEREXEC_ and SUBPROCINST_ that seem to be set correctly during execution,  but these don't exist in the JBPM4_HIST_PROCINST or JBPM4_HIST_ACTINST.

Does  anyone know how to fetch the parent/child process in the history part  or if this is not yet implemented? I couldn't find any jira for this,  but will register one if there is no way of getting the parent/child  history relation this at the moment.