[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Performance impact of large process variables

Justin Hayes do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 14 13:24:47 EDT 2010

Justin Hayes [http://community.jboss.org/people/justinhayes] created the discussion

"Performance impact of large process variables"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/537475#537475

Is there a general guideline to go by when deciding the size of the data stored in process variables? I.e. if there is a large amount of data (on the order of 15kb) stored in process variables, will that have a really negative effect on performance? I know that some variables can be transient but that probably won't help too much.