[jboss-user] [jBPM] - About jBPM and jBoss Tools

Manuel Jordan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 16 18:28:28 EDT 2010

Manuel Jordan [http://community.jboss.org/people/dr_pompeii] created the discussion

"About jBPM and jBoss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538080#538080

Dear Members

I have a successful installation with jBPM 4.3 with +*Eclipse jee Galileo SR2*+ (*eclipse-jee-galileo-SR2-win32.zip*),
furthermore I have downloaded *JBoss Tools 3.1  Eclipse 3.5.2* full package JBossTools-Update-3.1.0.v201003050540R-H56-GA.zip

I am not an expert in JBoss world, but

1) why have again included jBPM inside the JBoss tools? If jBPM is out there how stand alone?
2) exists some difference between the standalone version and the included in JBoss Tools? if yes which ones?

I see that I receive error of conflicts when I try to install  JBoss tools since jBPM is already installed and always ask for
*birt* dependencies, therefore should I download  jee birt (*eclipse-reporting-galileo-SR2-win32.zip*) ?

Thanks in advanced

-Manuel