[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 4.3 and Picketlink

Morten Hauch do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 20 08:53:44 EDT 2010

Morten Hauch [http://community.jboss.org/people/hauch] created the discussion

"jBPM 4.3 and Picketlink"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538494#538494

I have tried to use IDM/Picketlink with jBPM 4.3 (on GateIn).

When I change the configuration in jbpm.cfg.xml

from
<import resource="jbpm.identity.cfg.xml" />
<import resource="jbpm.jboss.idm.cfg.xml" />
(as described in:   http://community.jboss.org/message/399661#399661 http://community.jboss.org/message/399661#399661)

I get a java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/identity/idm/api/IdentitySessionFactory.

I guess the reason is that jBPM uses an older version of IDM (with packages starting with org.jboss) than GateIn (using 1.1.0GA - packages start with org.picketlink).

The linking to IdentitySessionFactory takes place in JBossIdmIdentitySessionFactoryDescriptor.

And now to my questions:
Do you agree that this is the error?
If yes: Are there plans to base jBPM4.x on Picketlink in a newer release? Is there anything I could do to make it work in the current version (4.3)?