[jboss-user] [jBPM] - About jBPM components in 3.2.6 to 4.3

Manuel Jordan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 20 21:46:54 EDT 2010

Manuel Jordan [http://community.jboss.org/people/dr_pompeii] replied to the discussion

"About jBPM components in 3.2.6 to 4.3"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538613#538613

Hello Huisheng

Thanks for the reply and sorry for my delay

Well such item component appear  http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/nightly-docs/en/jboss_jbpm_ref_guide/html/Quick_Howto_Guide.html#d0e1343 here see the *+menu item components+* (+Figure 7.2. The Properties View of the selected Task Node+)

> Maybe the node is equals as the TaskActivity, So both of them could create a Human Task and wait the task being completed.
> Maybe the node is a container of other Activity, So it is equals as the GroupActivity. But I think the super-state is more like the GroupActivity.
No is neither TaskActivity nor GroupActivity

> If you could show more details of the node, I think I could make better guess

According to the book, such node is (see page 113 if you or some friend have the book)

>  Note the icon inside the node rectangle, a gear, *is used to represent the node functionality*, meaning that the base functionality for a Node is the generic work to be done, which can probably be represented with a piece of Java code.

Thanks