[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - Client hangs when get JMS connection factory

mingjun jiang do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 21 06:33:00 EDT 2010

mingjun jiang [http://community.jboss.org/people/mjjiangbhr] replied to the discussion

"Client hangs when get JMS connection factory"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538679#538679

Oops..... Sorry, Yong Hao Gao, I misunderstood your meaning, you were referring to my previous test on timeout setting, but I wrongly thought you were referring to the issue itself (i.e. Bisocket connection won't be closed if pulling out the ethernet cable between client and server. The failure detection code won't close the failure connection...... )

I really said "if we change the timeout to a positive value, and if there is no message in topic/queue in server side, then the remote client (message listener)  won't receive any message, that mean the connection is idle, if the idle duration exceeds the "timeout" value, then the JBM will forcibly close the connection, so the remoting client won't receive any subsequent messages any more, it's a serious problem!

Please ignore the timeout setting, the timeout setting was just our original suspicion. Previously we thought changing the timeout setting might solve this problem, but it didn't. The fact is that the remoting client won't receive any subsequent messages any more, I am not sure who forcibly close the connection, but it seems that the connection was closed somehow, the problem is caused by either JBM or Remoting.

I also remembered that it's not recommended to change the timeout value according to the JBM documentation, keep the timeout value as 0, it means the connection will never be timeout

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]