[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM 4 is dead?

O S do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 21 10:39:32 EDT 2010

O S [http://community.jboss.org/people/gelos] replied to the discussion

"jBPM 4 is dead?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/538769#538769

just to add my 2c to the topic

changing focus to version 5 when version 4 is broken in major ways in very concerning

our team's chosen to use version 4 over 3 (which we regret) and right now we are stuck and struggling

we got version 4.0 to work but had to patch basic things such as transaction management in offline processing, timers not supporting absolute dates and only durations, etc.

tried to upgrade to 4.3 and discovered that it introduces yet more bugs that are even more impacting and touch basic flow functionality. we understand that it's software and it's a normal cycle of stabilizing new code, but not having version 4 roadmap clearly stated and committed to and starting to talk about version 5 is premature and disruptive to many

gelos