[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM 4.3 - org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: couldn't acquire block of ids

Huisheng Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 23 05:21:26 EDT 2010

Huisheng Xu [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebody] replied to the discussion

"JBPM 4.3 - org.jbpm.api.JbpmException: couldn't acquire block of ids"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539160#539160

Hi Stefano,
  My explaination of nextId initialization is totally wrong.  PVM didn't use InitializePropertiesCmd to intialize the JBPM4_PROPERTY.  In fact, the initialization job is done by CheckDbCmd.

  It is very strange for me, because it means if we don't you CheckDbCmd at the first time, e.g. invoke ConfigurationImpl.skipDbCheck(), then the JBPM4_PROPERTY will be empty and the NullPointerException will occure.

  Is it a bug of jBPM 4.3?