[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM is alive and kicking

O S do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Apr 24 09:12:29 EDT 2010

O S [http://community.jboss.org/people/gelos] replied to the discussion

"jBPM is alive and kicking"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539349#539349

One of the things that seem odd to me is the fact that timers can't be scheduled dynamically using absolute dates
Durations work, but absolute dates don't
What I'd like to be able to do is to say <timer duedatetime=#{myvar}/> (please note that I use duedatetime and not duedate)
(the problem is that conversion to date happens way early at jPDL parsing time and it really should be deferred until TImerImpl is instantiated)

I don't know about others but we need this type of feature a lot and we ended up fixing it in a limited way for ourselves (not robust enough and can't be used as a permanent solution)
Perhaps the basic nature of this feature makes it a good candidate for 4.4?

gelos