[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - JBoss Cache v3.2.1 - very BAD performance on puts

Gerret Hansper do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Apr 26 13:31:09 EDT 2010

Gerret Hansper [http://community.jboss.org/people/ghansper] replied to the discussion

"JBoss Cache v3.2.1 - very BAD performance on puts"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539585#539585

Hi,

I'm getting similar figures. They partly have to do with the transactional mode. Using +nodeLockingScheme="pessimistic"+ is better by roughly a factor of three, which is similar to not using any transaction at all.
+Pessimistic+ and +optimistic+ schemes are deprecated in favour of +mvcc+, however, and non-transactional isn't a real alternative either.

In any case, the figures are still way off from what I'd expected them to be. Would be nice to hear from the developers whether this is about it or whether we/they can tweak the performance noticeably.

Regards,
     Gerret

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]