[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer Development] - JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 27 07:48:10 EDT 2010

Kabir Khan [http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"JBREFLECT-5 - Implementing generics in JavassistClassInfo"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539766#539766

2 - classloader for parameterized type

I posted this last night right after my "1 - other problem", but could not see it again today?!?

Anyway, for a test still using SomeSignature and SomeValue, but now uses the lazy feature where I do something along the lines of

public void testClasses() throws Throwable
{
   generateClasses();
   ClassInfo info = (Classinfo)getTypeInfoFactory().getTypeInfo(SomeSignature.class);

   MethodInfo mi = info.getDeclaredMethod("signature", new TypeInfo[0]);

   ClassInfo returnInfo = mi.getReturnType(); //Constructs the parameterized class info internally
   TypeInfo[] args = returnInfo.getActualTypeArguments(); //* Lazily loads the type arguments
}

This fails with the call to returnInfo.getActualTypeArguments()

java.lang.IllegalStateException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.test.classinfo.test.JavassistParameterizedClassInfoClassLoaderArgumentsTestCaseWithSignature
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.getTypeInfo(JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:840)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.createTypeInfoForTypeArgument(JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:898)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistParameterizedClassInfo.getActualTypeArguments(JavassistParameterizedClassInfo.java:115)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.test.classinfo.test.JavassistParameterizedClassInfoClassLoaderArgumentsTestCaseWithSignature
     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:330)
     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:398)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.IntrospectionTypeInfoFactoryImpl.resolveComplexTypeInfo(IntrospectionTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:434)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.IntrospectionTypeInfoFactoryImpl.getTypeInfo(IntrospectionTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:390)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.introspection.IntrospectionTypeInfoFactory.getTypeInfo(IntrospectionTypeInfoFactory.java:54)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.delegateToIntrospectionImplementation(JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:620)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.get(JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:547)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.get(JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:454)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.get(JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:411)
     at org.jboss.reflect.plugins.javassist.JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.getTypeInfo(JavassistTypeInfoFactoryImpl.java:836)
     ... 23 more

The reason is that I am using the classloader of the raw type (i.e. Set) to load up this parameterized type, but obviously SomeValue cannot be found there.

One way around this would be in mi.getReturnType() when looking up/creating/caching the parameterized class info to use the classloader of mi.getDeclaringClass().getClassLoader(), which should be able to see all the classes involved. However, I am still stuck on which classloader to use for my previous post.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2115]