[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss AS 5.1 and Virtual Directories

Robert Heim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 27 10:40:34 EDT 2010

Robert Heim [http://community.jboss.org/people/brannic] replied to the discussion

"JBoss AS 5.1 and Virtual Directories"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539808#539808

Ok, doing some more digging I found this article discussing External Directories which seems to be the alternative for JBoss 5.1.0.

 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ExternalDirectories http://community.jboss.org/wiki/ExternalDirectories

Problem is, when I add this to the profile.xml file, I still cannot access the generated file using a URL.

<property name="bootstrapURI">${jboss.server.home.url}conf/jboss-service.xml</property>
<property name="deployersURI">${jboss.server.home.url}deployers</property>
<property name="applicationURIs">
     <list elementClass="java.net.URI">
     <value>${jboss.server.home.url}deploy</value>

     <!-- External Directories -->
     <value>${jboss.server.home.url}virtualDirectory/reporting/output</value>
     <value>${jboss.server.home.url}virtualDirectory/app/output</value>

I still get a HTTP 404.  I can see the file is being created in the directory specified but I can't seem to access it via URL.