[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - WebService Client with MTOM

Viacheslav Garmash do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Apr 27 11:16:52 EDT 2010

Viacheslav Garmash [http://community.jboss.org/people/vgarmash] replied to the discussion

"WebService Client with MTOM"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539823#539823

Hi, Alessio.

All I can find is this  https://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/JBoss_Enterprise_Application_Platform/4.3.0.cp04/html/Server_Configuration_Guide/Server_Configuration_Guide-Web_Services-Attachments.html here:
> *MTOM enabled clients*
>
> Web service clients can use the same approach described above or  rely on the Binding API to enable MTOM  (Excerpt taken from the org.jboss.test.ws.jaxws.samples.xop.doclit.XOPTestCase):
>

> [...]
> Service service = Service.create(wsdlURL, serviceName);
> port = service.getPort(MTOMEndpoint.class);
>
> // enable MTOM
> binding = (SOAPBinding)((BindingProvider)port).getBinding();
> binding.setMTOMEnabled(true);
>

> h2. Note
>
> You might as well use the JBossWS configuration templates to  setup deployment defaults.

But it doesn't really help. I am having exception in the row

Service.create(wsdlURL, serviceName);

which is before we set MTOM. Actually I don't want to use MTOM at all but it still being loaded because WSDL has this:

<wsp:Policy wsu:Id="CustomBinding_ISearchService_policy">
    <wsp:ExactlyOne>
      <wsp:All>
        <msb:BinaryEncoding xmlns:msb="http://schemas.microsoft.com/ws/06/2004/mspolicy/netbinary1" />
        <wsaw:UsingAddressing />
      </wsp:All>
    </wsp:ExactlyOne>
  </wsp:Policy>

 See  http://dev.virtualearth.net/webservices/v1/metadata/searchservice/dev.virtualearth.net.webservices.v1.search.wsdl dev.virtualearth.net.webservices.v1.search.wsdl for details.

Is there any way in configuration files to say: "use plain services and never use binary one"?

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]