[jboss-user] [jBPM] - equivalent to ruleflow-group in drools

Manuel PAYET do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Apr 28 05:32:35 EDT 2010

Manuel PAYET [http://community.jboss.org/people/LokR] replied to the discussion

"equivalent to ruleflow-group in drools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/539977#539977

Actually, ruleflow-group is a way to define which rules to activate for a given node. It works like this in drools:
-you put a node with an argument defining a context (a ruleflow-group)
-the next time the rule engine is summoned, it will only fire the rules with the given ruleflow-group.

for example, when ruleflow-group is defined to "group-A" with a node, the next node that will fire rules will only fire like described below:

rule "will be activated"
ruleflow-group "group-A"
when
     eval(true)
then
     System.out.println("I'm activated");
end

rule "will not be activated"
ruleflow-group "group-B"
when
     eval(true)
then
     System.out.println("I'm not activated");
end