[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Possible Bug with EJB 3 Timers

Andrig Miller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Apr 30 18:20:44 EDT 2010

Andrig Miller [http://community.jboss.org/people/andy.miller%40jboss.com] replied to the discussion

"Possible Bug with EJB 3 Timers"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/540574#540574

> Andrig Miller wrote:
>
> > jaikiran pai wrote:
> >
> > If it's EAP-5.0.0, then it should already have the fixes that I was talking about. Let me see why you are running into this issue.
> >
> > By the way, if you have the application at hand, can you just give it a try by changing the interval to maybe 5 minutes and see if it works? Just as a quick test.
> So, I got around to do a quicker test.  I changed the code to have the timer expire in five minutes, and I got the same results.  The timer just does not expire.  What's funny, is when I started up, the old timer that was still in the table, did expire.
>
> So, as a simply test, after the new 5 minute timer didn't expire, I decided to shut down the server and restart it, and see if it expired on startup like the old timer, but it didn't.
>
> I'm not sure what's going on, but this definitely doesn't work.
Well, more weirdness.  I all seems to be working just fine now.  I'm going to try to set it back to 24 hours, and see what happens.  I put a log statement in the method annotated with the @Timeout, and restarted everything, including recreating the timer through the application, and its working as excepted.  ?????

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]