[jboss-user] [EJB 3.0] - Jboss not starting properly (Error starting ServerSocket. Bind port: 3873, bind address)

varun Nidhi do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 4 03:26:47 EDT 2010

varun Nidhi [http://community.jboss.org/people/varunnidhi30] created the discussion

"Jboss not starting properly (Error starting ServerSocket.  Bind port: 3873, bind address)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/555800#555800

Hi Everyone,

I have an EAR file which contains packaged stateless beans , ejb timers , servlets.
The server startup is integrated with the system startup so as the system starts it starts Jboss also.
Normally when I start system JBoss also gets started and EAR is properly deployed.

The problem which I am facing is that sometimes when power  outage occurs and the system restarts   again, hence starting JBoss also then
it is not able to deploy ejbs, getting error:

2010-02-03 23:49:01,141 ERROR [main - SocketServerInvoker] - Error starting Servv
erSocket.  Bind port: 3873, bind address:
2010-02-03 23:49:01,141 ERROR [main - Connector] - Error starting connector.
java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketBind(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.bind(PlainSocketImpl.java:359)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.bind(ServerSocket.java:319)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.<init>(ServerSocket.java:185)
        at javax.net.DefaultServerSocketFactory.createServerSocket(ServerSocketFF
actory.java:169)
        at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketServerInvoker.createServerSS
ocket(SocketServerInvoker.java:264)
        at org.jboss.remoting.transport.socket.SocketServerInvoker.start(SocketSS
erverInvoker.java:193)
        at org.jboss.remoting.transport.Connector.start(Connector.java:322)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments was nn
ot found on the java.library.path: .:/Library/Java/Extensions:/System/Library/Jaa
va/Extensions:/usr/lib/java
2010-02-03 23:49:15,676 ERROR [main - Http11Protocol] - Error initializing endpoo
int
java.net.BindException: Can't assign requested address:6000
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint.init(JIoEndpoint.java:500)
        at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol.init(Http11Protocol.java:176)
        at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1077
3)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.jj
ava:668)

Though doing a stop ,start from  Jboss scripts (using shutdown.sh and run.sh) after facing this error , every thing gets deployed properly.

Can anyone please help .

The  various details are:

JBoss version : above 4.2.
Ejb version : ejb 3
System : MAC OS Snow Leopard Version 10.6

Thanks

Start a new discussion in EJB 3.0 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]