[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Variables types / String too large for column

Charles Aznavour do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 9 03:51:29 EDT 2010

Charles Aznavour [http://community.jboss.org/people/charles_a] replied to the discussion

"Variables types / String too large for column"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/556424#556424

Hi Michael,

I´ll give it a try. But as you say, this is also a hack. But I think a better hack than our container object hack  ;)

Are there any plans to improve the "variable type handling" in jbpm? As stated in my initial post, we also had trouble with hibernate objects that we would like to handle as simple serializable objects. Sometimes it would be helpful to define the type manually or have more control in some way. Is there anything in jira around this topic?

Cheers,
Charles