[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - JBPM-2772 retrieve business key from sub-process

HuiSheng Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 10 11:38:10 EDT 2010

HuiSheng Xu [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebody] replied to the discussion

"JBPM-2772 retrieve business key from sub-process"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/556680#556680

Hi Maciej,

One small problem.

If the parent of an execution is null, as it is a process instance, and the key of this execution is not null.  The result of generated id is 'processDefinitionId' + '.' + 'key'.  This will cause the super and sub process instance has same id.  It will cause database exception,  because the id column has unique constraint.

So if we want to set key from super process instance to sub process instance,  we should change the strategy of the DbidGenerator.

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]