[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM Hangs

Donald Walters do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 12 10:42:58 EDT 2010

Donald Walters [http://community.jboss.org/people/dondragon2] replied to the discussion

"JBPM Hangs"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557115#557115

I have attached the XML file that I am loading.

Below snippet shows how I am loading the file to the repository. This is being done from a web application and is being deployed properly. I checked the database and I can see the files there.

Note: I have a method to generate a unique key for the key attribute of the process XML before serializing it to a file.

RepositoryService ser = processEngine.getRepositoryService();

                String deploymentId = ser.createDeployment().
                        addResourceFromInputStream(pName, new FileInputStream(jpdlFile)).
                        addResourceFromFile(image).deploy();

After this the process is loaded from a standalone application for execution. The "workflow" variable is the unique that was generated previously as the process key. The custom nodes it in the XML simply outputs messages to the screen.

processInstance = executionService.startProcessInstanceByKey(workflowName, variables);

I am trying to step through it with netbeans also but once it reaches here nothing happens. Every time I run the application it reaches here and nothing happens.

Please let me know if I need to post more details and what exactly I need to post.