[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss 5.1.0.GA hangs on startup

Robert Heath do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Aug 14 09:42:21 EDT 2010

Robert Heath [http://community.jboss.org/people/bobheath] replied to the discussion

"JBoss 5.1.0.GA hangs on startup"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557413#557413

Thanks Sandeep,

Peter Johnson seems to think that the server has started.  In fact I am able to load the JBoss admin page from my browser. When I start the server from the command line, I left the machine idle for almost an hour, and the script did not progress any further than the log file posted at the top of this post.

When I start the server from Eclipse, the time out occurs.  I extended the timer to over six minutes, and the timer still expired on the same line of the startup script on which the script stopped when I started the script from the command line.