[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Hey I want simple steps to run an ejb sample application?

Wolfgang Knauf do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 17 08:42:42 EDT 2010

Wolfgang Knauf [http://community.jboss.org/people/WolfgangKnauf] replied to the discussion

"Hey I want simple steps to run an ejb sample application?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557672#557672

Hi,

I gave your app a try, and for me it worked perfectly (using Eclipse + WebToolsPlatform plugin). I had to add the JNDI properties which you seem to have removed:

Hashtable env =new Hashtable();
env.put("java.naming.factory.initial","org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory");
env.put(Context.URL_PKG_PREFIXES, "org.jboss.naming.client");
env.put("java.naming.provider.url","localhost:1099");
Context context = new InitialContext(env);

But beware: the console output of your EJB will not be in the client console but in the server console!

If it does not work for you, I assume a problem with the way you run the client. How do you do it?

Best regards

Wolfgang