[jboss-user] [jBPM Development] - about logging

HuiSheng Xu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Aug 17 21:03:38 EDT 2010

HuiSheng Xu [http://community.jboss.org/people/rebody] replied to the discussion

"about logging"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557785#557785

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the link.  I want say the reason why I didn't want to remove the log layer of jbpm4 is just don't want to do these switch works.

There is no doubt that slf4j is perfect abstract layer for framework.  But if we decide to use it to replace our logging layer.  it is means that we should do lots of works on it.

On the other hand,  many years ago, we just believe log4j is perfect enough,  but now the better layer - slf4j, become more popular.   If sometimes later, there is another better framework appears, should we cost time to switch on it?  Do you really have the requirement to get from slf4j?  By now at least,  I don't think it is neccessary.  So I want to leave log layer as it is right now.

Thank you for your reply.

Start a new discussion in jBPM Development at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2035]