[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - JBoss Cache as a standalone service

Navin Surtani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 18 07:18:08 EDT 2010

Navin Surtani [http://community.jboss.org/people/navssurtani] replied to the discussion

"JBoss Cache as a standalone service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557884#557884

How much work has been done on your project that uses JBoss Cache? Naturally people are reluctant to switch over onto a different system because they're lazy - but Infinispan does give you a TreeCache which has more or less the same API as JBC does so you can switch over easier than otherwise.

Just something to suggest to the other guys who work on your project that it's probably a good idea to try and make the switch over to Infinispan because that's where all the cool stuff is happening now.

Also if you don't mind me asking - I'm guessing from your name that you're Sri Lankan. Are you working on a project for a Sri Lankan company? If so, which one are you doing this for?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]