[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - JBoss Cache as a standalone service

Navin Surtani do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Aug 18 08:00:59 EDT 2010

Navin Surtani [http://community.jboss.org/people/navssurtani] replied to the discussion

"JBoss Cache as a standalone service"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/557892#557892

Ok, so you have a Cache set-up in a class with a main() method correct? And you have another app running in a different JVM that you need to talk to App 1 with the main method?

I'd probably do it as follows, and if any Infinispan guru's see me making a mistake then please point this out.

1. Register your cache with a cache manager instance in app1.main()
2. In app2 I would create a different cache manager instance and register the *same* cache with app2CacheManager.

That should do the trick and allow you to carry out any of the API methods on the cache. However, I think this might negate the need for any main method in app1.

Is this helpful?

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]