[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Error after Event.notify

darkit do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Aug 19 12:39:39 EDT 2010

darkit [http://community.jboss.org/people/darkit] replied to the discussion

"Error after Event.notify"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/558198#558198

Yes, you're right. After I removed signal* from EventListener everything works.
But I read about it in documentation:

 http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#singallingawaitingexecution http://docs.jboss.com/jbpm/v4/userguide/html_single/#singallingawaitingexecution

>From there:

"

The preferred way to capture the right execution is by associating an event listener to the state activity like this:
<state name="wait">
  <on event="start">
    <event-listener />
  </on>
</state>
In event listener StartExternalWork you can kick off what needs to be done externally. In that event listener you can also obtain the exact execution id with execution.getId(). It's that executionId that you'll need to provide with the signal later on when the external work is done:

executionService.signalExecutionById(executionId);

"

So by real life if I want java code to decide where to go next I can't use State and should use Java, right?