[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Can't deploy web app in JBoss AS; working in Tomcat

Alexander Skwar do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Aug 27 10:12:12 EDT 2010

Alexander Skwar [http://community.jboss.org/people/alexs77] created the discussion

"Can't deploy web app in JBoss AS; working in Tomcat"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/559347#559347

Hello.

I'm trying to deploy a WAR file which we're currently using on Tomcat 6.0.20 in JBoss 6.0.0 M4 on a Sparc Solaris 10 system.

Before we get into details - should this work? I copied the WAR file to /opt/jboss6/server/default/deploy and JBoss found it there (JBOSS_HOME=/opt/tomcat6).

Well - I find, that it doesn't work... I pasted the error messages at  http://pastebin.com/5rgj8nuP http://pastebin.com/5rgj8nuP (it's also attached here); basically, it's:

[...]

Caused by: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/xerces/impl/xs/XSAnnotationImpl, method: writeToDOM signature: (Lorg/w3c/dom/Node;S)V) Incompatible object argument for function call

[...]

I'm using the exact same WAR file with Tomcat 6 on the exact same machine. JAVA_HOME is also identical.

What's going on there?

Thanks a lot,
Alexander