[jboss-user] [JBoss Portal] - jsf client id and page refresh problem with richfaces modal panel

Swapnil Rawat do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 29 10:14:55 EDT 2010

Swapnil Rawat [http://community.jboss.org/people/swap_raw4u] created the discussion

"jsf client id and page refresh problem with richfaces modal panel"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/559435#559435

Hello Everyone,
          We are developing a portal project where my team is using JBOSS Portal EPP CP 4.3, JSF 1.2, Seam 2.0 and Richfaces 3.1.
There are few things i we are looking for :

1. How to get the components client id. Its beacause the jsf prepends its own id, along with that when the application is deployed on jboss portal, then the components ids again get prepended with the portal stuff. I have no clue how can i access a component, if i want to perform some javascript functionality onclient side.

2. We have used Richfaces Modal Panel to implement search fucntionality, this modal panel is rendered when the page loads and the data which is shown on this search modal panel is populated from database, for this purpose we have used *.page.xml where we are calling an action to a backing bean. We have a form within our modal panel, the problem here is when i submit the form or even when i close the modal panel, the page gets refresh and that action defined within page.xml file is getting called each time which we dont want. How can i restrict the page from getting refresh after closing or submitting the form in modal panel.

3. How to show validation messages as a tool tip.

Thanks and Regards
Swapnil

Start a new discussion in JBoss Portal at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2011]