[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - How do I deploy the JBoss Remoting examples in JBoss AS 5.1?

Ken Williams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Aug 29 20:36:22 EDT 2010

Ken Williams [http://community.jboss.org/people/zoo9000] created the discussion

"How do I deploy the JBoss Remoting examples in JBoss AS 5.1?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/559453#559453

  Hi,

  I've downloaded the JBoss Remoting 2_5_3_SP1 zip file and am able to build and run the SimpleServer and
  SimpleClient examples from the command line, using ant, as described in the documentation.

  I now want to run the SimpleServer and SimpleClient examples in my JBoss AS 5.1 server but I'm a bit confused
  about how to do it. The docs ( http://docs.jboss.org/jbossremoting/2.5.3.SP1/html/ch12.html http://docs.jboss.org/jbossremoting/2.5.3.SP1/html/ch12.html) only show
  me how to run them from the command-line. I read the article here ( http://onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/02/23/remoting.html http://onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/02/23/remoting.html)
  but I'm not sure what config file(s) I should edit. This ( http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Remotingexampleservicexml http://community.jboss.org/wiki/Remotingexampleservicexml)
  example config file looks interesting, but there are no service.xml files in my JBoss installation - there's plenty
  of jboss-service.xml files but they look different. I also watched the flash-demo
   ( http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/remoting/demo/JBossRemoting_demo.htm http://docs.jboss.org/jbossas/remoting/demo/JBossRemoting_demo.htm) but this doesn't tell me what config
   files to change and how, either. So basically, I'm note sure what config files to edit (create ?) or how.

  I'm also not sure how I would actually deploy the SimpleServer.class and SimpleClient.class files. I assume I
  don't copy the .class files anywhere and they don't seem to belong in a .war file which can be deployed either.

  I should perhaps point out that I'm more of a web-component developer (Servlets, JSPs, etc) and not worked
  much with 'mbean's (message beans ??) and services before.

  If anyone can help me I'll happily write up a step-by-step tutorial for people.

     Regards

  Ken Williams

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]