[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services Metro] - Exception when signing request

Jay L do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Aug 30 11:15:31 EDT 2010

Jay L [http://community.jboss.org/people/aklintu] created the discussion

"Exception when signing request"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/559568#559568

Hi, folks.

I'm a forum and Metro newbie. I am trying to sign my client requests but seeing the exception:

*com.sun.xml.wss.XWSSecurityException: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-elt.1: Cannot find the declaration of element 'jboss-ws-security'.*

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

I was told that I needed to remove all the JBossWS JARs when using XWSS in Metro with JBoss. I tried this, and that did not work. What am I missing in getting this to work?

The client code contains --

InputStream securityStream = getClass().getResourceAsStream( configFile );
XWSSecurityConfiguration secCfg = SecurityConfigurationFactory.newXWSSecurityConfiguration( securityStream );
reqContext.put( XWSSecurityConfiguration.MESSAGE_SECURITY_CONFIGURATION, secCfg );

The client config file constains this --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xwss:JAXRPCSecurity xmlns:xwss=" http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/xwss/config http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/xwss/config">
<xwss:Service>
<xwss:SecurityConfiguration dumpMessages="true">
<xwss:Sign>
<xwss:X509Token certificateAlias="xws-security-client" />
</xwss:Sign>
</xwss:SecurityConfiguration>
</xwss:Service>
<xwss:SecurityEnvironmentHandler>
+<SecurityEnvironmentHandler class>+
</xwss:SecurityEnvironmentHandler>
</xwss:JAXRPCSecurity>

Any suggestions you can provide would be appreciated!

Start a new discussion in JBoss Web Services Metro at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2045]