[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: Is Quartz already cluster aware?

Alessandro Novarini do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 2 10:50:10 EST 2010

Alessandro Novarini [http://community.jboss.org/people/a.novarini] created the discussion

"Re: Is Quartz already cluster aware?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/574083#574083

This is what I got since having asked the question:

The clustered service is the *jboss.ejb:service=EJBTimerService*, which relies on the Quartz scheduler; so basically you have to check for the Timer Service, the one that is clustered.

The Quartz scheduler doesn't need to be configured at all, if not for other specific use cases that I haven't met yet.
For solving the problem I explained, we simply configured the scheduled bean to depend to the HASingletonDeployer service, type Barrier, so that our bean is deployed as singleton on just one node at a time.

 http://community.jboss.org/message/574077#574077 http://community.jboss.org/message/574077

Thanks
Ale