[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Jboss WebService annotation namespace.

eivind hognestad do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 8 10:45:39 EST 2010

eivind hognestad [http://community.jboss.org/people/ehognestad] created the discussion

"Jboss WebService annotation namespace."

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/574960#574960

Hello fellow jbossians  :)

I am trying to force another namespace than the package name I have in my project.

I.e my package is com.mycompany.music.webservice and my session bean config is:

@Stateless
@WebService(serviceName = "MusicWService",
        targetNamespace = " http://ws.music.openapi.wimp.amp.com http://ws.music.openapi.wimp.amp.com",
        endpointInterface = "com.amp.partnerapi.ws.MusicWS")
@WebContext(contextRoot = "/WimpOpen", urlPattern = "/music/MusicWService")
@XmlType(name = "MusicWService", namespace = " http://ws.music.openapi.wimp.amp.com http://ws.music.openapi.wimp.amp.com")
@Local(MusicWS.class)
@HandlerChain(file = "handler-chain.xml")
public class MusicWSBean implements MusicWS {
@Stateless
@WebService(serviceName = "MusicWService",
        targetNamespace = " http://ws.music.mycompany.com http://ws.music.mycompany.com",
        endpointInterface = "com.mycompany.partnerapi.ws.MusicWS")
@WebContext(contextRoot = "/WimpOpen", urlPattern = "/music/MusicWService")
@XmlType(name = "MusicWService", namespace = " http://ws.music.openapi.wimp.amp.com http://ws.music.openapi.wimp.amp.com")
@Local(MusicWS.class)
@HandlerChain(file = "handler-chain.xml")
public class MusicWSBean implements MusicWS {

I want to force the namespace to be the old package name, to continue supporting the partners that used the old endpoints. I am able to force the targetNamespace, but then I receive no wsdl because the namespace is the same as the new package structure. If I change the package structure, OR remove the targetNamespace parameter from the @WebService annotation it works like before.

Anyone have any idea on how to force/configure this in jboss?

We are using Jboss 4.05 with ejb3's.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Eivind