[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Changes to pages saved in jboss

Peter Bangdiwala do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Dec 13 10:05:26 EST 2010

elcool [http://community.jboss.org/people/elcool] created the discussion

"Changes to pages saved in jboss"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/575703#575703

+*Intro:*
+

I noticed that when I turn off the JBoss server and start it back up again, the \server\default\tmp\ folder gets completely deleted and then filled up with the contents of \server\default\deploy\.

So, when I edited a .jsp on the fly I would go to \tmp\ and find the folder for my application (i.e. \363aad28320.myapp.ear\ )
There, inside, I can browse thru the files and change them.

I thoght I had to save these files on an outside folder (i.e. C:\myworkspace\) in case I stopped the server and then started it up again, so they wouldn't get overwritten.

Cool.

But today, I forgot to save the changes, and restared the server, and when I go to my browser, I see my changes!
I'm very grateful they are still there, but I wanna know how.

*+Question:+*

So, the question: where is jboss saving these changes I make to the .jsps on the \tmp\ folder that it knows I made a change and on the restart it shows me the newest page?

I'm using JBoss 4.2.3.GA