[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - JBoss Messaging and firewall

Nikos Massios do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Dec 14 05:05:29 EST 2010

Nikos Massios [http://community.jboss.org/people/massios] created the discussion

"JBoss Messaging and firewall"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/575846#575846

Dear all,

We are trying to use jboss messaging in a secure environment. In our configuration we have
1) A JBoss 5.1 GA application server that acts as a client
2) A JBoss 5.1 GA application server that runs JBoss ESB 4.6 that acts as a server
3) A firewall that separates the two.

We want to configure the firewall to only allow the necessary ports through. So far we have noted down the following ports related to JBoss messaging
1099 JNI
1098 RMI
4457 JMS - bisocket transport

However we are missing one. Each time the server jboss (2) is restarted it starts using a forth port. This port is each time different and the range is very wide (I do not think it has a range). I have seen values from as low as 1XXX to as high as 5XXXX. We want to set this port in jboss configuration to something fixed, so that we can declare it to the firewall. Has anyone done this?

Thanks in advance,

Nikos

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]