[jboss-user] [jBPM] - JBPM 3, 4 or 5?

Sylvain Sansnom do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 15 04:12:58 EST 2010

sylvain.machen [http://community.jboss.org/people/sylvain.machen] created the discussion

"JBPM 3, 4 or 5?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576081#576081

Hello everybody

We are restarting a one-year old project using jBoss and Maven 2.

The workflows have been built with JBPM 3. Now that we have to work back on this project, we are asking ourselves about what to do with the Workflows.

JBPM 3 seems to give problems of performance due to its database structure.
When I look on this forum, JBPM 4 seems not to be recommended.
JBPM 5 is not finished so it will be a little bit unsafe to base our workflow on this technology.

I don't really know a lot about JBPM and I'd like to read your advices.

We have to define this really soon. I did not find tools to migrate JBPM3 into JBPM 4 or 5 (maybe we did not search at the good place) so  we have to begin on the final platform.

If you need more informations, i'll try to give you.

Thank you in advance