[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - Changing to Oracle DB fails when using < xa-datasource>

Eugen Grosu do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Dec 15 10:45:20 EST 2010

grosueugen [http://community.jboss.org/people/grosueugen] created the discussion

"Changing to Oracle DB fails when using <xa-datasource>"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576148#576148

Hello,

I'm using JBoss 5.1.0.GA, jdk 1.6, on Linux

I wanted to use the Oracle DB for messaging, so I started like this:
- created a new schema in Oracle
- creating a new oracle-xa-ds.xml file, using <xa-datasource> (we use distributed transaction because we write into another Oracle DB, while   adding to a Queue)
- copied from JBOSS_HOME/docs/examples/jms/oracle-persistence-service.xml to xxx/deploy/messaging/oracle-persistence-service.xml.
- replaced DefaultDS with MyOracleDS in all 3 places
- deleted xxx/deploy/messaging/hsqldb-persistence-service.xml

When starting JBoss, the error was:
=> java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

After adding in jboss-log4j.xml

   <category name="org.jboss.messaging">
      <priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>

=> CREATE TABLE JBM_MSG (MESSAGE_ID INTEGER, RELIABLE CHAR(1), EXPIRATION INTEGER, TIMESTAMP INTEGER, PRIORITY INTEGER, TYPE INTEGER, HEADERS BLOB, PAYLOAD BLOB, PRIMARY KEY (MESSAGE_ID))
java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException: ORA-02089: COMMIT is not allowed in a subordinate session

So, what I did was to replace <xa-datasource> with <local-datasource>, and it worked fine: all tables were added to the Oracle schema.
Afterwords, I put all "CreateTablesOnStartup" to false oracle-persistence-service.xml and put back <xa-datasource>.

I did a test, and it adds messages successfully to the Oracle DB.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]