[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] - Use JBoss AOP to do fault injection experiments

Sergio Celentano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Dec 16 11:22:00 EST 2010

Sergio Celentano [http://community.jboss.org/people/sergio.celentano] created the discussion

"Use JBoss AOP to do fault injection experiments"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/576459#576459

Hi all,
I am wondering if I can use JBoss AOP to modify "on the fly" methods input parameters.

I will explain better the scenario. I would like to conduct some robustness tests on a *middleware* used by an application deployed on JBoss. The *middleware* API are provided by a jar library file imported into the /lib folder of JBoss. My idea is the following: I'd like to intercept the calls of the middleware API methods made by the application and modify them submitting some "arbitrary" input values (and later see what happens).

I ran into the JBoss AOP framework and I want to know if it effectively matches my porpuse.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Kind regards,

Sergio

Start a new discussion in JBoss AOP at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2027]