[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] New message: "Dependency management of multiple webapp start"

Ben Pickering do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 1 11:38:32 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Dependency management of multiple webapp start":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523414#523414

Author  : Ben Pickering
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/benp

Message:
Hi, I'm presently researching ways to refactor some standalone software to a container-based architecture.  I'm developing a proof of concept in JBoss EAP 5.0.0.RC.

The current non-JBoss implementation uses several Java VMs that communicate using RMI with discovery using Jini.  Any VM can block while it discovers services provided by other VMs, typically while starting.

I would like to improve the management of these components, and I'm investigating doing it by packaging each as an EAR or WAR.  I've been trying to find some documentation on asynchronous startup and dependencies between services and webapps in JBoss, without luck.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an approach, or could point me at some documentation?