[jboss-user] [JBoss AOP] New message: "Re: Tried everything to get Interceptor working, what am I missing?"

Kabir Khan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 1 11:53:07 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Tried everything to get Interceptor working, what am I missing?":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523422#523422

Author  : Kabir Khan
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/kabir.khan@jboss.com

Message:
If I remember correctly the implementors of SessionContext might live in jars in the lib/ directory. AOP is not deployed until after that, when the contents of the deploy/ directory are deployed, meaning that you cannot intercept those classes.

If the calls are in your application code, you should have more success with a pointcut like

"call(* $instanceof{ava.ejb.SessionContext}->getCallerPrincipal() AND (within(class.where.call.is.Made) OR within (another.Class))"

This weaves the caller and not the called class. The within is important since it avoids having to inspect all the calls made by every class, which is a performance hit