[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] New message: "Re: Adding JBoss AS source to a project"

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 2 15:36:01 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Adding JBoss AS source to a project":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523775#523775

Author  : henk de boer
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53

Message:
> mailto:max.andersen at jboss.com wrote:
>
> > henk53 wrote:
> >
> > > mailto:max.andersen at jboss.com wrote:
> > >
> > > If your project is setup to locate sources correctly then any debug launches that refer to that project should also work - if not then please report a bug.
> >
> > Forgive my ignorance, but how do I exactly setup my project to locate sources correctly?
> Attach sources to jars on your projects build path, incl. the jars in the AS classpath container.

That's precisely what I do. I mean, what else is there to do?

To be really clear, what I precisely do is:

I right click on my project root, select properties and go to java build path -> Libraries. I unfold a jar file listed there, select "Source attachment" click edit, and locate the correct source jar.

Alternatively, I unfold my project root in project explorer, go to Java Resources -> Libraries and select a jar for which I want to attach the source. I then right click the jar, select properties and go to Java Source Attachment, where I click Workspace... to locate my source jar.

I figure both ways are just different means that yield the exact same end result; an entry in .classpath like:

For the jars in the AS classpath container I pretty much do the same thing as mentioned above, with the small difference that I first need to unfold "Jboss 5.1 Runtime" and then attach the source to the jars listed beneath that using properties -> Java Source Attachment again.

All of this is pretty basic and is what I've been doing for my Java SE projects in base Eclipse/JDT and in MyEclipse for years. Only in Eclipse/WTP/Jboss AS Tools that I recently started using, the debugger can't find the source after I've done the above. I can browser the source though by unfolding a jar, browsing it and then clicking on any .class file it contains. ctrl-clicking into it using the Java editor also works.

I'm using JBossTools-3.1.0.CR1 btw. If this is not the expected behavior then it seems like a bug that is basically unrelated to the topic of this thread (an easy way to attach all the Jboss AS source code for a project).