[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] New message: "Remote client receives 'connection refused'"

Dongjun Sun do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 2 15:44:09 EST 2010

User development,

A new message was posted in the thread "Remote client receives 'connection refused'":

http://community.jboss.org/message/523777#523777

Author  : Dongjun Sun
Profile : http://community.jboss.org/people/sean171

Message:
JBoss 4.2.0 with JBoss Remoting 2.2.2SP1. The server is started with "-b 0.0.0.0"

We have a remote client using http(s) transport. On upgrading JBoss Remoting to 2.2.2SP11 (tried 2.3.x and 2.5.x also). We start to see 'connection refused' on the remote client side.

Looking at the packet trace when JR 2.2.2SP1 is used, the ip address returned in the proxy contains a valid server IP address (x.y.z.w). However on other versions or patches, the ip address returned in the proxy is all "0.0.0.0".

>From the JR doc, the client InvokeLocator will try to connect to "localhost" for no avail.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.